Friday, December 19, 2014

Meet George, the Growth Giraffe

"Hi, I'm Eloise.  Eloise Ann.  And today I'm one month old.  Well actually, I was one month old yesterday but mom told me I wasn't supposed to tell anyone that. Yesterday I got to go shopping with mom.  You see, because I'm the third child, mom says that things don't always go as planned.  She meant to find me a stuffed measurement animal before my one month birthday but didn't.  So we went shopping on my one month birthday to find one.  We got to go to lots of different stores - who knew it would be so hard to find a stuffed animal?!??!?

But we finally found the perfect animal. 

This is George.  George the Growth Giraffe.  Mom says we'll take a picture in my crib with George every month until I'm one so we can see how much I'm growing."

December 19, 2014:  One month and one day old.

"Lots has happened over the past month, although mom and dad don't seem to know where the past month went.  A few days after Grandpa and Grandma Husker went back to cold and snowy Nebraska (why would you do that in December?!?), I started sleeping in my own room. The walls in my room are yellow, my sister says they look like Macaroni and Cheese.  A few nights after I started sleeping in my own room, I started sleeping for 7 hours at a time.  This seemed to make mom really happy so I try to do it as often as I can, but sometimes I just get super hungry and can't make it that long."



"I love to go for rides in the car, which is good, because we seem to spend a lot of time in the car going here and there.  I think this is why mom is so super thankful for the minivan.  She just pushes a button and my door opens!!!!  It's magic.  In the afternoons when I go with mom to pickup Natalie from school, I have lots of fun because I get to hang out with all the ladies at Natalie's school.  They talk to me and always tell me how beautiful I am.  And who doesn't love that?!?!?"


"I eat roughly every 3 hours, play for a while and then take a nap.  I like to lay next to the Christmas tree and look at all the lights and pretty things I can't touch yet.  I also love to listen to Christmas music - mom has a radio in my room tuned to the Christmas station turned on all the time.  Sometimes when she's changing my diaper or folding my laundry while I lay around in my crib I notice that she sings along to the music - I think she secretly really likes Christmas music too. 

When I take naps, I prefer to curl up in someone's arms.  If that's not an option, I love sleeping in my room with my doggie, Gus, next to my crib (usually in the sunshine).  He snores a lot when he sleeps but I think that's just his special way of reminding me that I'm not alone."


And just for fun, here's a link to Natalie's first month: 
http://suburbanhayes.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-birthday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment