Saturday, May 21, 2011

My first birthday...

So I hit the one month mark this week.  Time flies when all you have to do is eat, play a little, sleep and poop!!!  Mommy and daddy seem to be getting the hang of this parenting thing.  I've been pretty helpful by staying on my 4-hour eating schedule.  Sometimes when mommy and daddy look REALLY tired, I even sleep longer at night.  In fact, the first night they moved me into my big girl crib in my room I slept for almost 8 hours straight.  They were pretty surprised and happy the next morning.  I do this from time to time as a way of saying "thanks for being such super cool parents" since I don't have any words to say yet.

Over the past month I think my eyes have developed a bit more and I am starting to see new things.  I like to stare at lights and ceiling fans.  Now that my bellybutton is finished being gross, I am allowed to take big girl baths in a tub.  Mommy thought I would hate it, but I really like it as long as the water is warm enough.  When I'm in the bathtub I like to splash with my feet and legs...but I really like it when mommy rubs my head with a warm washcloth.  After bath time, I like to stare at myself in the mirror while I'm laying on the bathroom counter with mommy.

One of mommy's friends had an idea that mommy thought was pretty clever: get a stuffed animal bigger than me and take a photo of me laying in my crib next to the stuffed animal each month over the first year.  Mommy's friend then displayed the photos at her son's first birthday party.  Mommy thought it was a very cute way to see the child grow.

So mommy and I went shopping (well I went along but I slept the WHOLE time) and found a stuffed monkey for me.  Below are a few photos of my birthday, including a few of me with my new monkey...





No comments:

Post a Comment