Saturday, December 20, 2014

Dear Santa...

Natalie wanted to see Santa again this year.  Mommy was a little skeptical of how this would go, but as with most things related to parenting, it's all kind of a surprise anyway.  We showed Natalie photos of her Santa-experience from last year (http://suburbanhayes.blogspot.com/2013/12/look-mommy-i-see-santa.html) and she assured us that she would not throw a fit.  So we made plans to go see him...

...and this year we kicked things off with some good luck because we seemed to hit the Santa jackpot: 1) front row parking, 2) sitting/picture fee was not $30 like at the mall but rather it was a donation to the organization sponsoring Santa 3) you can take your own pictures OR have them take your photo and 4) there was one little girl in line when we got there.


Seeing Santa apparently requires that you be very cautious, quiet and timid.  Until he talks to you.  The conversation that is taking place in the photo below went like this:

Santa:  "Have you been a good little girl?"
Nat:  "I'm a BIG girl."
Santa:  "Oh!  Have you been a good BIG girl?"
Nat:  "Yes."
Santa:  "What would you like for Christmas?"
Nat:  "I'd like a Frozen CD."
Santa:  "Oh, the music?"
Nat:  "No, the MOVIE.  The Frozen MOVIE."
Santa:  "Oh, the Frozen movie DVD.  Well ok, I'll make sure to put it in my sleigh so I have it when I come to your house on Christmas Eve.  You be a good girl now."




Lucky for us, Eloise slept through the whole experience in the stroller.  I'm sure next year will be fun for Santa as he has to try to hold them both for a photo.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment