Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Flashback to Virginia

My parents were preparing to move to Nebraska later that year and told me that they were not interested in moving all my stuff.  So I made a trip home to clean out my room and pack up my things.

So in February 2007, I made my last trip "home" to Spotsylvania, Virginia (yes, that is a REAL place) and decided to take Scott with me.  It was somewhat bittersweet knowing that the house I had so many memories of would no longer be around for me to visit.  But it was exciting because it meant that I could soon make just one trip and be able to see my entire family (Grandma's, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, etc.) in Nebraska.
Scott got a chance to see the place I considered my home and also spend some time getting to know my parents better.  We shared some good laughs as he read through my very embarrassing and very girly old diaries (ranging from 5th - 8th grade or so).

While we were hanging out in the VA, we took a trip downtown to visit all the bars I never could previously and I took him on a whirlwind tour of my favorite places (1995-2004), like Carl's (which was closed and I think why we ended up at the bars).


Interestingly enough, Scott's Grandma, Eleanor Kilgore, used to live at one of the 3 National Park Service houses in Chancellorsville, the battlefield that backed up to my parents house. So we took a little trip to visit the Visitor's Center so Scott could learn the history of the battle and on our way out, we did a quick (and successful) search for the house where they used to live.






No comments:

Post a Comment