Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Oops, goodbye 2015

I was trying to be a good mom. I was trying to stay on the ball. I was simply trying to watch the kids, supervise homework, cook some chicken nuggets and download photos from my phone so I could organize them and then update the blog. In my mind, I looked something awesome like this...



But after completely deleting all of our 2015 photos from our computer, I think I finally learned my lesson about multi-tasking. I am going to say this out loud so that I can hear myself say it. You know, maybe then it will actually sink in for real. 


I will never ever mess with photos on the computer while trying to do anything other than mess with the photos (except maybe drink a beer)

To add a little salt in the wound, I then discovered that our piece of crap backup hard drive wasn't actually backing up every Tuesday morning at 2am. Yeah, I think I looked like this for about a week...


But now I've learned. And as punishment, I will now spend the next few weeks downloading all the photos I blogged during 2015 and/or posted to Facebook and will begin saving them under lock and key. Sorry kids, but these will be our only photographic memories from 2015. Special apology to you, Eloise, as it was your first year of life and many of your milestone achievements are now photographically gone. But don't worry - I wrote down a lot of notes on your calendar. 

Side note: this probably really isn't as awful as it is in my mind.  It likely means that my kids have about as many photos as my parents have of any given year from my childhood, but my kids have the advantage of technology so they could, in theory, print 8 billion copies of each photo if they wanted. But man, it feels so very very tragic.

Bring on 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment