Monday, December 21, 2015

Mirro tradition

As a kid, I remember my mom making about 8 billion little sugar press cookies. She'd then make frosting in a bunch of colors and put paint brushes in each one. She'd call all the neighbor kids and let us sit around for a few hours and paint/decorate cookies. It was always a Christmas tradition.

The year we got married, my mom sent me an early Christmas gift. Her 300 year old Mirro cookie press and recipe book.



I started doing this a few years ago with Katie but she grew out of the tradition a bit. So this year, I started it up again with all our neighbor kids and while they didn't sit and paint as long as I remember, they all still seemed to have a great time and were happy to take their cookies home to show off.





The number of cookies I made was greater than the kids attention span. So the next night after Eloise went to bed, Natalie was more than happy to sit quietly and decorate cookies with just mommy.



No comments:

Post a Comment