Saturday, April 18, 2015

5 months old and growing fast

"I woke up this morning around 8am and laid around in my crib talking to myself for a while.  I think Natalie must have heard me though because she came in (after her stoplight turned green) and covered me all up with my pretty blankets to stay warm.  I was so warm and cozy that I fell right back asleep for another 30 minutes or so.  Daddy had to come wake me up to sing Happy Birthday."

Eloise and George: April 18, 2015
"These days I'm sleeping 10-12 hours a night (8pm-8am) and am almost always the last one awake in the morning.  Mommy tells me how awesome this is because it gives her and daddy a chance to get up and get breakfast started for the other kids before they have their hands full with me.  I think it's awesome because, well, I just like sleeping in my pretty bed that feels like I am swimming in the ocean or an aquarium.  I take a 1-2 hour nap every 2-3 hours during the day. After I wake up in the morning, I eat breakfast, play and then nap.  Eat, play, nap, eat, play, nap ... all day long.

I hate tummy time.  Like really hate it. But last week though I made a new friend during tummy time and I talk to her all the time.  Mom said she took a picture of me and my new friend and posted it below. Funny thing is, this new girl that I met doesn't seem to like tummy time either and she is always talking when I'm trying to tell her something.  Clearly she doesn't have very good manners."




"Although staring at the ceiling gets boring after a while, mommy thinks that this is secretly why I am not interested in learning to roll onto my belly -- because why would I want to?!?! So I'm not rolling around in circles yet, but I love to roll back and forth from side to side.  My new favorite thing to do is to sit in my baby throne/entertainment center/the pooper (see photo below) because it has all sorts of fun things to play with, listen to and see.  So far, my favorite thing on it is the bumble bee.  This is also where I prefer to do most of my pooping.  Mommy thinks this is great because it's a position similar to sitting on the potty."


"Over the past month, I've started eating more interesting stuff than ever before.  A month ago I started eating rice cereal once a day, then I worked my way up to eating cereal 3 times a day.  After I mastered cereal, mommy started to give me some orange mush that she kept calling Sweet Potatoes.  I LOVED them.  A few days later she switched from the orange mush to a green mush called Green Beans.  They're not as good as sweet potatoes, but they're pretty good too.  Then I tried some carrots and most recently, my sister fed me a new orange mush called Squash.  I still eat cereal two or three times a day but also eat my veggies at lunch time and sometimes at dinner too."


"When I lay down to sleep, I love to snuggle with my blanket.  It's really special because my Aunt Ponda made it JUST FOR ME when I was born.  It's small enough that mommy doesn't worry about me getting all tangled up in it, but it's also big enough that it can cover up my legs (before I roll over onto my side) and still gives me enough blanket to hug.  Plus, the pretty colors are awesome."


"This morning I discovered my toes.  Mommy laid me down on the changing table in my yellow room and was putting away my laundry and I was happy just laying around, naked.  Then suddenly I realized I could touch both of my feet.  And I could even get my toes into my mouth to chew on.  Boy is this fun!

Well, I think it's just about time for me to get some clothes on and take a nap.  After all, I have a very special 4-year-old birthday party to go to this afternoon!"


A link to Natalie's 5-month photo shoot with Measurement Marty:
http://suburbanhayes.blogspot.com/2011/09/5-months-and-15-lbs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment