Our house has always had this very stupid nook right at the far end of the hallway with the bedrooms. If you don't have kids, I suppose it could be a wet-bar ... but even then, the location of it is pretty stupid for that. We've always had either crap piled up or most recently, framed photos and other odd trinkets sitting on it (which no one ever looked at because it was at the end of the hallway). Inside the cabinets? Yup, all the half-used paint cans for the various colors of our walls. All-in-all, it is a pretty worthless design and waste of space.
So after 7 years (and probably too much HGTV), I decided that I had had enough of the stupid nook and I went to work carefully disassembling it and removing it...
And so with a little help with Scott (I don't use power tools with rotating blades because they scare me), the kids now have a little research nook and their own place (that is not my desk) to use a computer for homework... all for under $100.


No comments:
Post a Comment