It started with a trip to Vail to see Scott's younger brother and his wife from Texas who were there for some sort of work conference. I mean really, who has a "work conference" in Vail in February? Must be awful. None-the-less, on my 2nd run of the day, I had a pretty spectacular yard sale (where basically you fall and lose all of your belongings - skis, poles, etc. - in the process) and was left all alone on the side of a very steep hill with no one around to deal with my misfortune. Thankfully I was not injured but WOW -- after this fall -- it was like I forgot everything I knew from the past 12 years about how to ski. The rest of the day was painfully slow and frustrating for me and likely for everyone around me. Thanks for being patient!
![]() |
| Riding the lift with my sister-in-law, Meridith. |
After a day on the mountain at Vail and a nice dinner out with Mark and Meridith, it was off to Winter Park all by ourselves. We ended up meeting up with a good friend from Denver and Scott spent one day on the mountain with him (I spent the day as a lodge bunny drinking beer while I nursed my neck from my yard sale in Vail and went to get a massage) and the next day on the mountain with me.
Our cheap little motel in Winter Park. Seems like a not-so-steep fine, but hey - what do I know?
We woke up the next morning to find our Hyundai So-not-a [car] covered in plenty of fresh powder. Perfect for Scott and I to spend the day on the mountain together.
What started off as a fresh powder morning turned out to be a beautiful day.
That afternoon Adrienne came to meet us in Winter Park and we went out to dinner with some friends of my parents who happen to live just outside Winter Park. It was great to see them, and, of course, to hear them tell stories about my parents when they were younger. The next morning Scott, Adrienne and I drove up to Steamboat for our annual girls trip. Scott ended up meeting up with the husband of one of the other girls attending girls trip. The first day we were in Steamboat we learned that the gondola was closed due to high winds ... so we decided it would be a great excuse to scour the town in search of the BEST Bloody Mary.
That night the other ladies arrived and we ditched Scott. Apparently I also stopped taking pictures at this point. Probably because I was still very busy skiing like a 5 year old.
All in all, a super fun trip.
Although, as it turns out... I was pregnant. Oops. Sorry future kid -- mommy loves you lots!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment