Friday, April 20, 2012

12-month birthday / A year with Measurement Marty

"I think this morning was extra special --- mommy, daddy, Katie and Gus all came into my room to sing Happy Birthday to me!!!  Well, as you know, Gus is a dog so he didn't sing, but he did come in with everyone.  After mom changed my diaper, I laid still in my crib for just a split second so she could take my picture with Marty.  Not more than a second though because I don't want to miss anything that might be going on elsewhere.

Unhappy in my crib, despite everyone singing to me.  April 20, 2012.

We went out into the kitchen like usual but there were different colored polka-dot balloons all around the house.  And there was a special sparkly silver one tied to my high chair just for me.  Cool.  And on the wall in the kitchen, there were lots of pictures of me and Marty and a sign on each one labeling my age.


On display in the kitchen for my birthday: A Year With Marty, the Measurement Monkey
I may be one now, but I am still not quite sure about walking on my own.  I'd rather crawl because I can go much faster.  I like to walk while mom or dad hold my hands, and I like to walk even if they only hold one of my hands, I just slow down quite a bit.  I have a whole bunch of words that I like to say and I know what they mean: bath time, issssssssssssshy (fishy or Goldfish cracker), milk, thank you, more please, yes, shoes (I am kind of in love with shoes), hat, dog-dog, woof-woof, ssssss (Gus), airplane, water and baseball. 

Time to get ready for the day.  Hugs and kisses to everyone.  Momma says I'm having a birthday party soon so I'll be sure to nag at her to post those pictures soon.

Love,
Natalie Jane"

No comments:

Post a Comment