After years of hosting Thanksgiving dinner, Scott and I decided to give Judy a break this year. So Katie and I made a few practice pumpkin pies and apparently they were OK becuase my coworkers demolished them. I called my mom about 15 times and got all her recipes and advice and decided we could tackle everything else on our own.
And we did. But just incase, we made sure to have plenty of champagne on hand.
Scott's grilled turkey was one of the best I've ever tasted (sorry mom) and all the fixins were completed on-time and edible. Both my mashed and sweet potatoes turned out to be sub-par, but there were enough other starches to devour. And the gravy was a challenge, but I'll be sure to practice again before the next holiday meal.
And after whining that the holidays never feel quite right to me here in Arizona, I got the closest thing I'll ever get to having a White Thanksgiving...hail.
No comments:
Post a Comment