As an adult, I see trips to the airport as stressful, time crunched and annoying. It's easy to forget how magical the airport is to kids. All you have to do is look at their eyes every now and then and you remember how fun and exciting a trip to the airport used to be.
Natalie carefully picked our seats, which meant an entire row, a few rows behind the wings so she could watch them during takeoff and landing.
Since he wasn't there, Scott requested a video of Eloise during takeoff. I wasn't sure how it would work, but now I'm so glad he suggested the idea.
The goods required to fly alone with two kids... plus the two backpacks full of toys, wipes, diapers, spare clothes, headphones, chargers, snacks, tissues, stuffed animals, blankets and my wallet. I had two beers on a flight that took off at 9am: one for each kid. I felt that was reasonable. And plus, I had a handful of drink tickets that were about to expire.
I was lucky to be able to travel with two happy kids. They were thrilled to be flying on an airplane and we were all overly excited to see Grandpa and Grandma.






No comments:
Post a Comment