| Eloise and George: October 18, 2015 |
"Unfortunately, daddy had to do a fair amount of late nights and traveling for work over the past month, so mommy did a lot of what she likes to call creative parenting. This involves things like: dinner in the bathtub, Happy Meals Wednesdays in the park after school, and lots of wagon rides."
"I learned to really love my rocking cow. I liked it before, but this past month I fell in love with it. I can make it go on my own and while mommy needs to stay close by, she doesn't need to hold me anymore."
"I learned the difference between throw-up and spit-up. I don't like either one. But mom and dad helped take care of me and I conquered my 3-hour stomach bug that arrived suddenly one night at midnight or so. The next day when I was feeling a little better, mom let me try on this pumpkin costume that used to belong to Natalie. It was a size 3T, so it was a little big but we had fun anyway."
"I like to stand up, but I am not very strong or confident yet. I cannot pull myself up, but if you help me up and give me something to hold on to, I will hang out and play/dance for a few minutes. But you need to stay close by because when I fall it is not always very graceful. And if I fall onto my tummy or back, I cannot get back up to a sitting position. And I get very upset if this happens."
"Mommy and I made a lot of trips to Basha's (our grocery store) while daddy was gone. Mommy said it was because her brain was fried and she couldn't ever seem to remember to get everything on her [non-existent] list. I didn't mind though because it was something to do and I have lots of friends who work at Basha's that love to see me. Here I am wearing my donut jammies and staring at all the donuts. Mommy tried to show me that the donuts on my pants looked like the ones in the case but I didn't get it. Nor did I get a donut.
"I did lots of playing with my best friend, Gus."
"I ate my first spaghetti."
"Oh, and I love love love love to read books. I also really like it when someone reads them to me, but I am content to look at them by myself, as long as they have pretty pictures."
For comparison, here's a link to Natalie's 11-month blog update:
http://suburbanhayes.blogspot.com/2012/03/11-month-birthday.html












No comments:
Post a Comment