Thursday, June 18, 2015

Seven Months

"Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Mom says it's been seven months already and asked me to slow down but I don't really know what she means.  Here's the standard birthday photo with George and a little recap of what I've been up to over the past month..."


Eloise and George: June 18, 2015
"I am full-steam-ahead on the eating train and love to eat pretty much anything.  Over the past month I was introduced to puffs and yogurt melts and they are one of my favorite things.  It took me a few days to get the hang of how to get them into my mouth, but now I dare say that I am an expert.  I also love eating my regular baby foods and am gradually starting to get more, in both quantity and variety.  Just the other day I had an apple/blueberry puree that was quite delicious."



"For some reason, I am not so motivated to move around too much.  However, the day before my birthday I decided that I would roll from my back to my belly and then over onto my back again.  It was kind of neat because not only was mom super proud of me, but I ended up on the far end of the blanket where there were a few other toy to play with and where I could be a little closer to dog dog.


"I am beginning to get the hang of sitting up, but I still need some help.  I like sitting up because I can see more than just the ceiling (which is super boring after 7-months) and can play with toys in a whole new way.  Usually mom or dad will sit with me and help me sit for a while or help me sit back up after I fall over, but for the first time the other day, Gus was able to help me practice my sitting by letting me lean on him a little.  He's a pretty awesome little dude."



"I am talking more and more.  I started off with the obvious choice: dadadadadadadada because not only could I use it to refer to dad, but I could also apply the same noise to mean dog-dog.  I say a noise that my mom thinks means 'Hi' because I say it appropriately and I am also learning to wave my hand when I say it.  Sometimes it looks like I am flapping my arms and sometimes it actually looks like waving.  Either way, mom says I'm on my way to communicating."



"And like all Hayes kids, I love the water.  Love, love, love it."




A link to Natalie's 7-month update:
http://suburbanhayes.blogspot.com/2011/11/7-months.html

No comments:

Post a Comment