Monday, May 18, 2015

Six months old and happy as a clam

"Happpy Birthday to me, again!  I must say, it's pretty fun being six-months old.  Here's an update of what I've been up to the past month along with some photos..."

Eloise and George: May 18, 2015

"At my six month checkup today, the super nice doctor said I weighed 15 pounds 7 ounces (35th percentile) and measured 25.75 inches long/tall (45th percentile).  By comparison, Natalie measured in at 16 pounds 1.5 ounces and 26 inches.  I may have started off slow, but I am catching up to her.  He also told my mom not to be surprised to see my bottom teeth appear in the next week or so.

Mom lets me eat pretty much any baby food these days. I drink a bottle at breakfast with my cereal and a fruit, then I drink a bottle at lunch + vegetable + fruit, then for second lunch I drink a bottle and have cereal with a veggie. At the end of the day I have one last bottle before bed.  I think it works well for me because everyone always says how big I am getting and how chunky my arms are becoming.  I prefer to think of the chunks as baby muscles.

Now that the weather is heating up, my family has been spending more and more time outside.  Mom has done a lot of work in our garden and takes me outside every few days to pick jalapeno peppers to give to the neighbors (who in turn give us fresh jalapeno/cilantro hummus).  She is anxiously waiting for our tomatoes to turn red.

We have also spent more time out around the pool.  Our pool opened in early May but then we were all on vacation and then the weather cooled down for a few weeks and now the pool is chilly - but dad says not for long.  Mom found this cool box thing that I get to lay in after I'm done playing in the pool.  They put the little box in the shade an arms length away from the pool and I get to lay around naked and watch the tree blow in the breeze while listening to the birds sing and my family talk.  It is awesome. Mom thinks I'll spend a lot of time in here this summer.

A few weeks ago mom got me an exersaucer from the second-hand store.  I loved it as soon as I got to try it out.  I am just tall enough for my legs to reach the bottom and allow me to bounce myself a little.  Right now I kind of just flop to the front or the back of the seat - but I am pretty sure I'm sure I will love this even more as I start to build up some core and leg muscles."


"In an attempt to be as cool as the big kids, I stole mom's phone and took my first selfie. I think it came out pretty good.  Does it make my cheeks look chubby??"


"Mom says that every day I am getting a little better at sitting up on my own and not always slumping into things like a bag of potatoes.  I still hate tummy time so I don't roll from my back to my belly unless it's an accident.  And once I do, I roll back onto my back as fast as possible to avoid spending any time on my belly.  Needless to say, I am not mobile yet."




A link to Natalie's 6-month update:
http://suburbanhayes.blogspot.com/2011/10/half-year-birthday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment