This year was a little unusual in the Hayes house because for the first time ever, we were able to host a holiday in our home and celebrate with Grandpa and Grandma Husker. It's been many years since we've celebrated a holiday with them on the real holiday - so long in fact that I don't think I can recall when it was (college maybe?!?) so this was a nice change. Although I suppose it's not really hosting if Grandma still does all the cooking (minus Scott's famous grilled turkey) but we hosted in theory. And I'm sure the ability to grill a turkey outside in a t-shirt was a nice treat for them as well.
Katie helped Grandma with the pumpkin pies (making AND eating)...
Grandpa and Scott held down the patio and watched football outside while the turkey was grilling...
Scott and his world famous grilled turkey...
This world famous grilled turkey presented Grandma with quite the gravy challenge. She'd never made gravy like this before. I actually heard her utter the words "I don't know if I can do this" right before I snapped this photo.
And I am happy to report that her gravy turned out to be most EXCELLENT.
No comments:
Post a Comment