I heard it start to rain at 3am - you know, because I'm pregnant and I hear everything while I'm sleeping. Ahhhhh, finally, some rain. Went back to sleep. Then I heard dog crying at 6am. I pulled the pillow over my head but it didn't help. So I got up, looked out the window and saw this pathetic sight...
![]() |
| "Uhhhhhh mom, I need a lil help. I'm surrounded by WATER." |
Natalie didn't seem to mind. She finally had a chance to wear the raincoat mommy bought months ago when she found it a size too big and hiding on the clearance rack. I dropped her off at school knowing they'd find puddles to play in and fun to be had.
Back in the neighborhood, Gus and I went to explore the extent of the "flooding" in and around all the parks. He seemed to love walking in the rain, which is odd, but he's a strange dog.
![]() |
| View of the entrance to the neighborhood park from the mailboxes. Water was backed up into the street. |
![]() |
| Trying to leave the neighborhood to go to doctor appointment. View down the street leading to our new City park. Waves in water are from my van. |
After school, Natalie had a blast splashing in puddles. Mommy only let her in the nasty water up to her knees... other kids had swimsuits and pool toys and were literally swimming to the park through all the nasty runoff water. This made mommy throw-up a little bit. While there was at least there was probably a little chlorine in the water from everyone who had to drain their pools, there was not nearly enough to kill all the nasty in the water.
When all was said and done, we received nearly 5" of rainfall in less than 24-hours. For reference, we generally get 7" of rainfall in a year.
The next evening, it rained another 1.5" at the house.









No comments:
Post a Comment