Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tribute to Sally

Last week we learned that our beloved Sally (i.e. Sally-Wally, Sally Struthaz, Wonderdog, Yellow-Dog, Dog-Dog, Sally Sosa, Sally Schwisow, Silly Sally, Slobbering Sally, etc.) is living with a defective heart.

After we witnessed her collapsing at home, we took her to the emergency room and thanks to a canine cardiologist, we learned that Sally's heart is barely operating properly and that she is living on borrowed time. The doctor gave us a very short and bleak outlook on our remaining time with Sally, but as with most things involving Sally, she's proved them wrong already.


This news hit all of us as a big sad surprise. We have made the most of our "bonus time" with Sally and are treating each day with her as a special treat. I know that she's just a dog who eats off the floor, licks her butt and chases hot air balloons, but I think all of us learned a lot of great lessons from Miss Sally. Life is short and unpredictable. Enjoy every moment you have with the ones you love and always say goodbye as if it might be the last time you get a chance to say it.

Thank you for all the wonderful laughs, kisses and fun times Sally. You really are the best and sweetest dog ever.  We promise to enjoy every extra day we have you in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. You know I've never been a big "dog person", but Sally is very special and is so devoted to all you guys. Enjoy her and I want to see her again in about a month when I visit "Blueberry."
    Love Ya...DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally is truly living up to the Wonderdog moniker. I think she's trying to hang in so that she can see you through your pregnancy and meet the little one. Hang in there, Sally!
    --Kerri

    ReplyDelete