Our good friends Jason and Shannon found a great deal on tickets to Salt Lake City, so naturally, we decided to go for the weekend. At the last minute, our friends Rob and Jan decided to fly up and join us (he works for US Airways so last minute travel decisions are second nature for them).
After quite the rental car episode, we headed out to the mountains on Friday with our boarding passes in hand (note to any powder hounds reading this: if you fly into Salt Lake City on any day, fill out a form and then go to any of the Park City ski resorts that day...you ski for free) and hit the slopes. The rental shop outfitted me with the most uncomfortable ski equipment so I quickly switched to snowboarding. I hopped on the lift with little hesitation (I kind of forgot I didn't have skis on) and wiped out HARD while getting off the lift. I made my way down a blue run...and then went immediately to the bar.
The temperatures in Park City were a bit too warm and produced lots of heavy snow and sleet. Lucky for us though, the temps in the mountains nearby were perfect for dumping LOTS and LOTS of snow. On Saturday we headed out to Brighton and were delighted to find lots of fresh powder. I again attempted snowboarding and was excited to see myself making progress. After a while, Scott, Jason and Shannon headed off to find the double black runs.
No one was hurt and good times were had by all...a successful trip indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment